Never trust a house music junkie when he says he’s gonna stop! To all of you who have expressed their support, friendship and appreciation, I’ve decided to throw a “Surprise Party!”, live from San Francisco... vwhich explains the, hem, RAW sound and artwork but, hey, it's a party!
And this party is specially dedicated to Richard and Tony, founders and soul of Trax Records in London who have decided to move on with their lives as of May 3rd 2008. During many years they have supplied fantastic tunes to the London Clubbing Scene and for the past 3 years, I’ve been lucky enough to enjoy their friendship and passion for music. Together with the rest of the Trax Team (Craig and Oli), they have supported me, right from the early days of “Bitch is Back!” and, thanks to them, I’ve found many of the hard-to-get tracks featured in this podcast.
Let’s just say that May 3rd will be a sad day for me and I can only hope that Trax will live on, under one form or another, as a place to meet friends, chat about music and bitch about the weather. You can’t get do all that online… I know I’ll be there to enjoy the experience to its fullest: Trax Records, 55 Greek Street, London W1D 3DT, 020 7734 0795!
“Surprise Party!” starts with an Uber-Christianized track by Tina Bride (kick-ass bass mix courtesy of Dexxlab!), followed by Nick Wahlberg’s “Just shake it”, a flute-driven (!!!) vocal house anthem (I’m quite sure you’ve never heard those tracks before
You will also find a fair share of more commercial tracks (plenty of Gold & Smax again!): Till West, Addictive, Denis the Menace, Hard Fi… and some rarities like the latest Chris Punk (a cover of Daft Punk’s Aerodynamic) and the closing track (Moonbootica, Jan Delay, anyone?) which sounds like Daft Punk would sound now if they still made music…
Of course, some tracks have been “christianized”, and not just because I love this word (!) but to punch them up…
Enjoy your “Surprise Party!”, keep dancing, take good care of yourself and say hello, it’s always nice to hear from you…
Lotsa love, Christian.
PS: of course, to illustrate “Surprise Party!”, I’ve used yet another masterpiece by Keith Haring, called “Best buddies”… Fitting…
1. Tina Bride - "Close to you" (Dexxlab mix christianized)
2. Nick Wahlberg - "Just shake it" (Vocal)
3. Denis the menace - "Fired up" (Cahill mix)
4. Addictive ft T2 - "Gonna be mine" (Simmons & Christopher Dub)
5. Replay ft Rhalmia - "Everyday is Saturday" (DJ Ditch Delektro mix christianized)
6. The Power Lords - "Lords of the string" (Uniting Nations Dub)
7. Chris Punk - "Aerodynamic"
8. Buzz Junkies ft Elesha - "If you love me" (Buzz Junkies & Thomas Gold Christianized)
9. Hott 22 ft Bonnie Bailey – “No promises” (Thomas Gold dub christianized)
10. Viola Wills - "Enjoy yourself" (short 7th Heaven instrumental mix)
11. Ritmo Playaz ft Paula P Cay - "Get together" (short Fox 5 remix)
12. Till West & Eddie Thoneick vs Alexandra Prince - "Hi’n’Bye" (Smax & Gold mix)
13. Hard Fi - "I shall overcome" (Axwell remix)
14. Vinilfreaker ps Eddie Bitz - "Fire in your eyes" (Stargroove remix)
15. Pure Dynamite & Live Element - "Downtime" (short Flah Brothers remix)
16. DJ DLG - "Xess" (Mason remix)
17. Moonbootica / Jan Delay - "Der Mond" (Hey Today remix)